Last Updated May 18, 2014
Medicast connects you with nearby, on-call licensed health care service providers (“Physicians”) who will come to you, in order to provide you with on-demand, high quality, compassionate care, whether in your home, office hotel, or elsewhere.
By visiting the Site, using or downloading the Mobile App, using our Web Application, calling our telephone request line, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site, App and Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, available at https://medicast.co/terms, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. Our Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site, App and Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. You may view most areas of our Site without registering with us. To use our Services or to download our App, you must create an account with us. When you create a Medicast account, we may collect and store some basic information about you, such as your name, email address, current location/city, phone number, and credit card number. In addition, if you make a purchase, we will also request that you provide your credit or debit card information and your billing address.
Information We Collect Automatically. We track user behavior throughout our Site and our App. Specifically, we track the requests you make and how you use the Services. We also collect the following information about your use of our Services: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We also may collect the following information about your use of our App: geolocation information (if you consent); language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the App; and the length of time that you are logged into our App.
What About Health Information and Medical Records?
Medicast collects, uses, and stores protected health information (PHI) and other medical record information about you. We fully value your privacy and we are in compliance with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations. All medical information you voluntarily provide to a Physician is stored and shared with Medicast and subject to applicable privacy and security policies and procedures, including those related to HIPAA.
The following are some actions that we do to protect your PHI and comply with HIPAA:
- Use of your information is covered by your Physician’s Notice of Privacy Practices which Medicast ensures is distributed to you
- A Business Associate agreement is signed between your Physician (or other applicable provider type) and Medicast
- Medicast will not disclose any PHI to any party contrary to HIPAA regulations
For more information about HIPAA and compliance, please visit http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To locate a Physician for you, to provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your orders and use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to provide personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products, information, and events that we think may be of interest to you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites and in determining relevant advertising for our own Services.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- For our mobile App users, we may also use your information to provide location customization and, with your consent, to send you push notifications.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personal information, in accordance with applicable law and policy as follows:
- Physicians. We will share your information with the Physician who responds to your request. The Physician will contact you via telephone prior to being dispatched to your location, to ensure that that they are equipped to handle your medical case. The Physician’s treatment of your information is subject to the Physician’s own policies and procedures.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are pieces of information that some websites transfer to your computer, through your web browser, for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about use of our Services. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Third Parties. We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site and, to the extent permitted, our App. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. We may also engage third parties to track and analyze Site data on our behalf. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze Site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. This Policy does not cover such third parties’ use of the data.
Our Services contains links to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at https://medicast.co/privacy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, orhttps://www.medicast.co.